Today life is becoming busier each day and everyday work and family related challenges and needs leave no time for us to get ourselves relaxed. However, it is important to keep our bodies and mind relaxed every day and one of the ideal ways to achieve the goal is to own a massage chair that gives you flexibility of experiencing a relaxing massage whenever you get time without having the need to book an appointment or visit a spa. A perfect chair would not be a furniture piece lying around your bedroom or living area but will be used each day provided you have made a right choice. These equipment would not only be relaxing for your body but it would also boost your mind and will reduce stress. After a stressful day at work, an ideal chair would give you a magical experience with complete liberty of getting a customized relaxing massage option. But before you actually begin the hunt, it is important to know that what are some factors, features and technology that should be considered for a best massage chair? Here is a complete guide to it.
3 Best Massage Chair Recommendations
Reviews of Top 3 Massage Chairs:
If you have a reasonable budget and are looking for buying one of the best massage chairs, here are our recommendations for top 3 massage chairs. We are describing here some of the best features that these massage chair offers through short reviews and you can thus make your decision based on your preferences and requirements.
1. Zero Gravity Kahuna Massage Chair LM-6800
For an overwhelming and luxurious massage experience, the Kahuna Massage Chair LM6800 Recliner with Heating Therapy would be an ideal choice. Features that makes it an exclusive choice for massage lovers include:
- It is designed with a space saving technology making it adjustable in a reasonable amount of space for use.
- The frame and structure is intended to offer supreme comfort during a massage session.
- It is designed with an L-Track massage system that includes a trail to support a complete neck to back massage with extended focus on lower extremities. With this complete body support, you will find elevated effects of massage therapy.
- It includes 2 stages of zero gravity that user has all the flexibility to position in order to enjoy a relaxing massage. This feature of the chair places body of the user in a weightless position that keeps user’s back from getting over strained during a session.
- This chair also has a body scan technology with the aid of which your body size is automatically detected and thus chair can give you every individual a customized body massage.
- It also incorporates air massage system with airbags programmed to inflate and deflate in order to give you a deep intense massage therapy.
- This equipment also includes automatic yoga programs.
- Apart from that there are dual foot rollers included in the feet area to relax your legs and feet.
It offers some great features that you will find only with some expensive chairs. If you are short of space and are looking for a completely luxurious chair, this one is most suitable choice. This equipment is absolutely right choice and offers you complete value for its reasonable cost. You can place it in your home and all the members of the family can use it for a customized therapy.
2. Special!!!! 2016 Best Valued
The Best Valued Massage Chair New Full Featured Luxury Shiatsu Chair is an extra-ordinarily designed super value comfort and relaxing chair that is equipped with some features that will make your massage session the best experience ever. Some exclusive features of this massage chair include:
- A complete head to toe massage session is offered with this chair that user have the flexibility to choose the duration for. You can set a massage duration that you find would fit you and can enjoy a completely uninterrupted session for that duration.
- This chair is appointed with 3D intelligent detect system that scans your body structure and gives you a more customized relaxing therapy.
- It includes a four wheel driven muted massage that gives a vertical comfortable hand simulated therapy without making any noise at all to further enhance the effect.
- Its S-Track rolling system gives the effect of a therapeutic human hand massage.
- The chair includes 4 automated preset programs with techniques including kneading, spinal rolling, shiatsu and vibrating that user can choose with one touch to enjoy a relaxing therapy.
- When used at a manual mode, user get the option to adjust back rollers of the chair for a focused massage.
- User get the flexibility to adjust speed, intensity and other functions of this chair for a customized therapy.
- It includes heat therapy built-in that works on relaxing your back muscles.
- Air compression technique with airbags placed at various areas on your chair to give a relaxing massage for shoulders, arms, foot and lower body parts.
- For those who work all day long, it offers a deep foot massage therapy with 6 balls simulating kneading placed in soles.
- Zero gravity positioning feature can be enabled with a touch button in order to enjoy massage in the most comfortable position.
It works well for those looking for a high quality and durable chair offering flexible massage options. If you have aching feet, the deep foot massage of this chair can work wonders for you. You can use this it on a daily basis for regular sessions and above all the price tag is also reasonable for those who are tight on pockets for purchasing a chair. Moreover the wheel drive is noiseless and thus you can easily place it in your home environment.
3. BestMassage EC-06
The Electric Full Body Shiatsu is one of the best high-end massage chair impressively designed and embedded with features that excels the experience of massage therapy for users. Some of the impressive features of this massage chair include:
- Updated design with added comfort.
- Air bag compression massage with more than 30 air bags included at various parts throughout the massage chair.
- Heat intelligent roller system that identifies structure and shape or your body to give a customized massage therapy.
- It includes massage programs designed for specific parts such as neck massage with massage heads focusing on tsubo points for relieving stress and pains if any.
- This equipment has an extended range that covers your entire lower and upper back area with rollers to give you a complete back massage.
- Using this equipment, its control panel gives you complete flexibility of setting the intensity of massage between weak to strong level.
- Automatic reclining backrest option with foot ottoman.
- It offers a high intensity vibration massage that works over your lower extremities.
- Rolling operation moves up and down and simulates the finger and hand pressing of a therapeutic massage therapy.
- Varied styles and therapies included to work over various chronic pains, stiffed muscles and knots.
This product is one of the bestsellers and is also a cost-effective solution for those who would like a good relaxing chair within a specific budget. It is an ideal option for home environment. Those who are suffering from chronic pains in specific areas such as neck, back and other parts, this equipment can give them a focused therapy.
Why to Choose a Massage Chair?
You may be thinking that would buying a chair be a smart choice or would it be better to plan regular massage sessions with a therapist? In order to understand and answer this question, you would need to have a close look at some of the factors that favor the decision of buying a relaxing chair. However the decision would be based on your personal preferences and objectives.
Considering Cost: Your chair would surely cost a good amount if you look for a good brand offering high quality and impressive customization features. This cost would be higher than cost of one session with a good massage therapist. But when you consider cost of going to massage therapist regularly, your chair will appear to be an affordable and cost-effective option. If a one-time massage session with a therapist costs $100 for one session that you take every week, at the end of the year you will be spending around $4,800 to $5,000. Apart from that you get freedom of using the chair as many times as you want. Getting one such chair thus is a one-time investment and you can have unlimited relaxing massage sessions.
Considering Convenience: Think of an aching back at night or before you are leaving to work early in the morning? You would not get a massage therapist available at that time or at any other odd time for that instance when you need a massage to get relieve. You would not be able to find a massage center or spa open 24 hours and you may have to wait for spa to open, then you book an appointment (in case if they can’t take walk-ins) and have to travel to them. Why not skip all that trouble, when you can have a spa accessible at all times with convenience of staying at your place? A therapy chair thus proves to be a better option that remains accessible at all times.
Consider Health: Apart from relaxing your body and mind and giving you a pleasant experience, massage therapies do a lot more for your health both physical and psychological. They have proven benefits for health:
- Reducing stress and depression,
- Regulate blood pressure,
- Improve immunity,
- Relieve from stiffness and fatigue of muscles,
- Stimulate lymphatic fluid flow,
- Improves blood circulation,
- Helps in recovery from injuries,
- Detoxifies body,
- Reduces symptoms of chronic diseases,
- Relieve from chronic pains and there is more to it.
Considering all these feasibility and health-related factors, buying a therapy chair appears to be a smarter choice.
Who will be using the Massage Chair?
When you are thinking of buying one such product, it is important to consider who will be using it? Answer to this question along with other factors would enable you to make a correct choice. It is recommended that user/s of the chair should themselves get a test drive of the model they are planning to buy. It is because comfortable positioning of your body is crucial to getting a relaxing massage. They are usually designed to accommodate a person up to a height of 5’10”. However slightly shorter or taller can be accommodated easily.
It is all about position of rollers, padding, air bags and control to be in right position for a completely relaxing experience. So if you have not tested the chair before buying it and if it doesn’t prove suitable for your body structure, massage will be inconvenient for you on that chair. Apart from height, there may be certain health related problems with some people such as chronic lower back pain or other issues. So before you actually buy such equipment, test it to make sure that it is completely comfortable for you and for other people who will be using this chair.
Where you will be placing the Massage Chair?
Another important factor that should be considered before actually buying a chair is considering the amount of space that you have for putting up this relaxing piece. These chairs are usually huge size and thus they would occupy a considerable amount of space whether it is your bedroom, living area or office. It could be a corner in your bedroom or any other area that you and others in your house are comfortable with. A reclining position would need even more space and it would be best to place the chair close to a wall.
Before you make a final choice, think about the space that you will need? Some of the massage chairs have wheels too so you will be able to move the chair to another room or storage after use. However if you will be using this chair on a daily basis, it wouldn’t appear to be a wise decision. A chair with wheels give you ease of moving so when you have some guests dropping in over weekend, you will be able to free up that space by moving it to another area.
If for instance, you don’t have that much space where you can keep a chair, then getting a chair would not be a viable decision. Instead you can look for a massage cushion or visit therapists for a relaxing therapy.
Massage Chair or Human massage, which is best?
Considering a massage chair or a traditional human massage therapy, each of these two options have their own pros and cons.These are electronically trained chairs that are designed with various features that a user can customize to get a relaxing massage. Whereas a human touch therapy involves a trained and licensed massage therapist who render his/her services and works on human body to give their client a relaxing and relieving therapy. Some benefits that these comforting equipment offers in comparison to a human massage include:
- Availability: A chair is accessible and available whenever you need a massage. However at odd times of the day such as early in the morning or late at night; you may not be able to get services of a therapist.
- Convenience: For a chair massage, you don’t need to get dressed up and go outside for a therapy like human massage therapy appointment. You can conveniently enjoy unlimited duration of massage therapy as many times as you wish with a chair.
- Personal Comfort: Some of you may not be opting for a massage therapy just because you have personal privacy concerns. You may not be comfortable with undressing or may have concerns regarding some marks on your body and other privacy issues. For all such concerns, a it appears to be the best choice.
- Complete Control: With a chair, you have complete control over actions involved. You can customize your massage according to your preferences and needs.
- Additional Features: Using a chair, you will get some additional features such as heat therapy, reclining options and other features that makes it a smart choice for a relaxing experience.
- Cost: Overall cost that is involved in getting a massage therapy each day with a massage therapist would be much higher than a one-time cost involved with purchase of a chair designed for massage therapies.
Some limitations of this equipment in comparison to human therapy:
With a chair, you would not be able to ask for any therapy or options other than features of you’re the equipment. However if you have a certain problem area, you can communicate it to your therapist and he/she will be able to work for that specific health related problem that you have. Apart from that you can also communicate any area that you would not like your therapist to work on; in case of a human therapy. A human massage therapist will be able to work harder on knots that he/she will identify during massage which is not possible with a customized chair massage.
Features to Look for when buying a Massage Chair
When it comes to features, different models and brands offer varied features that are exclusively added to give additional value to their clients. However when you are considering to buy a best equipment, you ought to look for some important things that a chair for massage should essentially have in order for it to be a right choice for you. Having these additional features would make your experience with that chair special and you will find a substantial difference in your physical and psychological wellbeing.
Quality Construction: In order to best determine if the chair has a good product quality or not? You would need to identify its manufacturer’s reputation and practice. Just make sure that the manufacturer has considerable amount of experience of working in the same field and has delivered products as promised. You should not opt for a chair from a manufacture who lacks reliability and has negative reviews. A company’s reputation and good massage chair reviews would speak about high quality construction, sturdy components, durability as well as good after sales support.
Full Body Massage Coverage: Different types of chairs are available and some of them are also customized to target only a certain body parts. However it is best if you can opt for a massage chair that offers full body coverage so you will be able to use it for varied purposes of massage as and when required.
Massage Type and Techniques: Massage therapies involve different types and techniques. Certain models may be offering certain types of therapies and some may give you combination of varied styles. Involving a variety of techniques would make the massage therapy more satisfying and comprehensive and you will be able to get more benefits out of it.
Preset Programs: Most of the chairs include a variety of preset programs that can be adjusted according to preferences and needs of user. With the use of a combination of these programs, users can easily customize a therapy at a particular level of intensity.
Acupoint Detection and Acupressure Technique: This feature enables your chair to determine the length of back of the person lying over it. With this detection of body back, massage chair will be able to determine target acupoints across your body and will apply a targeted body massage focused on those points throughout human body.
Body Scan Technology: These machines include use of a peripheral system that scans a user’s body to determine his posture, heart beat and areas that are tensed and stiff. With this technology, user will be able to get a customized massage adjusted according to individual requirements of a human body. Zero Gravity Technology: A zero gravity chair has an added benefits as this technology enables the chair to place a human body in neutralized position where it becomes virtually weightless. This position involves placing legs of the user above heart that relieves your back from body weight and aids in relaxing your muscles with body placed in a balanced position.
Airbag Compression: Airbag massage system with a chair stimulates the technique involved in a deep tissue massage therapy. The technique is applied with inflation and deflation of air bags with varied intensities and with different methods. The compression of airbags focuses on muscles and underlying tissues and manipulate them for relaxing your body.
Vibration: Many of the good quality chairs include vibration technique that stimulates relaxation and comfort with a balanced effect of shaking.
Heat Therapy: Most of the expensive machines involve use of heat therapy that is applied on the entire back of user to prepare muscles to get relief.
Rollers: Some expensive high quality equipment include use of rollers. These rollers embedded in a chair brings massage function of a chair close to human touch massage therapy. The rollers are functioned to move up, down, vertical and lateral. Some chairs even have rollers that give circular movement and move in directions left and right.
Reclining: When looking for a chair, you will also find options that have reclining function for a deeper relaxed massage therapy. These chair include motorized reclining system with the use of which you can have a completely reclined resting position for a massage. Some chairs may offer a press button system and some may have a handle involving physical pushing of backrest to reach a reclined position.
Warranty: Have a closer look at the warranty that is offered with a particular chair brand and model. Some best massage chair brands would offer you a warranty of atleast 3 years along with parts repair and service support. Anything less than that would mean that the manufacturers themselves are not sure about quality of their product. Buying a chair for massage is an expensive one-time investment and thus before opting for any particular chair, it is recommended that you should consider all the quality and functionality related factors in order to make a right choice.
Tips for taking Care of the Massage Chair
Maintenance is crucial whether it is your car or any electronic gadget, similarly if you want to keep your massage chair in a good shape and value it is important that you take care of it. This equipment would not require much maintenance and with little care you will be able to maintain this equipment well. Some tips for taking care of your massage chair includes:
- It is recommended that you clean your it
- Just wipe the chair down with the use of an appropriate cleaner depending upon the material of your chair.
- You should not leave any kind of spills to be dealt with at a later time but should address and deal with it immediately in order to avoid staining or damaging the fabric of your chair. Wipe out spills immediately.
- Dust clean your chair on a daily basis in order to avoid accumulation of dust, dirt or debris.
- When you are cleaning or doing any maintenance on this equipment, make sure that the power is turned off and plugged out.
- Footrest in most of the models can be vacuumed easily.
- Before starting the equipment again, it is recommended that you should make sure that the equipment is completely air dried.
- At any instant or for any reason, you should not work on insides of the chair. Avoid greasing or lubricating any parts of it.
- If something goes wrong and you need maintenance or replacement, contact a professional repair technician and let him do his job.
- Using a surge protector is recommended in order to prevent from power outage that could cause a damage to your equipment. This would only cost some dollars but will keep your heavy investment safe from electric blow outs.
- Children usually like to play with electronic equipment. Keep controls of your equipment out of reach of children.
Will using a chair give similar benefits and relaxation as you get with a traditional massage therapy at a professional spa?
Yes a high quality chair can actually simulate the procedure and experience that you get with a therapeutic massage at a professional spa. However there are a number of best massage chairs available in market now and thus you should consider taking time and research to find out whether the chair you are buying as all the basic features that makes it a best choice or not? A good quality chair will be a perfect alternative to therapeutic spa massage while offering you affordability, accessibility and convenience at all times.
I am suffering from chronic pains, can using a massage chair help?
Yes, chairs are designed to give you recovery and rehabilitation even in cases of chronic pains and severe injuries. Regular use of a good chair would aid in the process of recovery and it proves helpful in relieving chronic pains such as low back or neck pain. It even helps people suffering from arthritis, bursitis and other related problems.
Apart from relieving pain, what other health benefits can be gained with use of a massage chair?
Massage chairs can not only prove helpful in relieving pain but it is an impressive equipment for improving circulation, lowering blood pressure level, boosting mood, improving focus, relieving depression, stimulating lymph system, detoxify body, enhances sleep and promotes overall physical and psychological health of user.
Can massage chair be used for a therapy focused on one area or body part?
With different types, brands and models available; you can find some chairs that are designed to work over some specific areas of your body. Some chairs also offer automated preset programs such as foot massage, neck massage and others that are focused on one area of your body for massage.
Does using a massage chair will result in fatigue?
No, chair relaxes your body. Your mind and body experience relaxation and as you step in the world outside; your body and mind may take some time to readjust themselves according to their surroundings. Once that is done, you will feel more fresh, energized and focused. Some people mistake this feeling of getting re-energized and the time that body takes to adjust. This feeling is commonly sensed as tiredness and fatigue. However once that period is covered, you will feel more fresh and alert after massage session.
What should be ideal duration of using a massage chair?
The time period or duration of using a chair typically depends upon individual needs and level of fitness. A number of factors should be considered including your age, weight, medical condition (if any) etc. Different chairs have varied customized programs with preset durations. An average massage therapy session would be around 20 to 40 minutes.
In what conditions using a massage chair would not be suitable?
If you are suffering from any health related issues or serious diseases such as multiple sclerosis, arthritis, cancer, blood pressure or any other issues, it is highly recommended that you should consult your doctor before using a chair for any kind of therapy. Always follow tips and advices of your doctor in order to avoid worsening your problem.
Is massage chair safe to be used during pregnancy?
In most of the cases, massage is safe for pregnant women but if you are suffering from any medical concerns or high risk of pregnancy, use of chair should be avoided. Pregnant women in all cases must consult their doctor before using any such equipment. Moreover even if massage is advised by your doctor, special care must be taken when dealing with massage for a pregnant women.
Is massage safe for people suffering from cardiovascular/heart diseases?
Massage is an effective way of improving cardiovascular health however in all cases it would be best to consult your doctor.
Is it safe to use a massage chair when you have kids and pets in the house?
Chairs are safe to be used in a home environment and most of the high-end models are usually designed with safety features such as child safety locks in order to ensure safety of equipment and kids and pets in the environment. All safety instructions however must be followed for use of chair in such environment and it would be best to keep the equipment out of reach of children and pets.
The secret to selecting a right massage chair according to your needs and budget lies in considering all the factors. You would need to evaluate features and performance of a chair to ensure that it is the right choice for people who will be using this particular equipment. Focus on buying a quality brand known for durability and functionality and you will be able to enjoy a worry-free relaxing massage sessions for years to come. Spend some time for research and test the chair that you ought to buy for comfort and perfect positioning. Stay within the budget but it is recommended that you should not opt for a cheap priced model and compromise on features and quality. After all you will not be buying a chair every other day and thus it is important to make a fine well-researched and feasible purchase that could turn out to become a lifetime support.