Our feet are the part of their body that works around most of the time and is much stressed in comparison to other body parts. But many of us don’t realize and do not care much about our stressed feet. Nothing could be more energizing than a proper feet massage that brings along a number of health benefits. Not only it would re-energize your body, will reduce pain, will boost your mood but there is a lot more to it. Thus with all its health and comforting benefits, a nice foot massage would affect overall well-being of a person. When you can reap so many benefits out of a foot massage, why not own a massager for your feet with which you would not only be saving spa visits money but you will be able to enjoy massage in the relaxing environment of your home.
Health Benefits of Foot Massage:
As feet nerves of a human body are linked to other human body parts and work done on these nerves travel to other main body muscles and parts. Thus benefits can be to your overall health. Let’s have a detailed look on what health benefits, a foot massage can offer:
- Heal Feet: Your feet may be aching because of running/walking around all the time at work or in home. There may be other reasons such as an ill-fitting shoe or some skeletal disease. A soothing foot massage would heal and relieve with these issues along with any injuries or stiffness of muscles. Runners and other athletes benefit from an effective foot massage.
- Reduces Pain: A foot massage would be work as a pain reliever for your aching feet but as nerves of your feet are connected to other parts of your body; a relaxing pressure point feet massage would help in relieving pains in other parts of the body. One of the finest method of relieving headaches is a pressure point massage of your toes.
- Relaxation and Reduced Stress: A foot massage works well to bring your body in a state of complete relaxation by relieving all the stress with work done on your solar plexus point in feet. Not only it relaxes but brings in more of positive energy in your body that reduces stress and rejuvenate it.
- Improved Circulation: Flow of blood in your body is reduced or limited when you are stressed. A relaxing foot massage would improve circulation of blood, oxygen and nutrients by decreasing stress. It also improves the detoxing/cleansing process of your body.
- Flexible Joints: A feet massage would be helpful for people suffering from joints problem. It would improve joints flexibility thus reducing stiffness and increasing motion range. An effective feet massage works on inner structure to restore health of joints. People suffering from arthritis also gain health and energy for their joints with a feet massage.
Types of foot massagers:
Similar to other wellness equipment, when you look for a massager for your feet; you will find a number of different options. In order to narrow down the choices you have, you should understand different types of massagers for your feet and select the one that suits you well.
Manual: A manual foot massage is constructed with the use of natural materials mostly. It includes rolling action that user would be operating manually. The standard model of a manual massager would include a tube that user would manually roll using their feet. User can control and limit the rolling action to focus on some areas of their feet. This type of massage is the most reasonably priced.
- Some advanced versions of these massagers include multiple rollers that work over the entire feet. Usually these are made up of wood and are suspended with the use of frame. User needs to manually move their feet over roller and pressure can be limited or controlled.
Electric: This type of massager includes use of electrically controlled rollers that work automatically to give user a relaxing massage. User doesn’t need to be active to control but this automatic machine would employ varied rolling and rotating mechanisms to give you a soothing feet therapy. Just place both of your feet on massager and turn it on. Many of the electric massagers are designed to focus on various trigger points and pressure areas of your feet with special oscillating or rolling action that stimulates your feet and overall health.
Spa: These types of massagers are electric but they have heat or water features that elevates the effect of massage for muscles and joints of your feet. Spa massagers are most expensive types of foot massagers. They are larger in size and include more of additional special features. For home use, spa massagers may not be a good idea as they have larger size and are difficult to handle if you need a massage away from home.
Top 3 Foot Massagers:
1. MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed:
The MediMassager massager for your feet is one of the best foot massagers that would improve health and energy of your feet. This brand and model is the most recommended massager by specialized doctors and it is suggested for improved circulation in your feet. This massager is a suitable choice for diabetic patients as it improves flow of fluid. The machine also features variable speed option with 11 different speed settings that user can set between 1000 to 3700 rpm. Thus you can enjoy a customized massage for your feet.
The design of the foot pad is such that it makes the massager most comfortable for your feet. The MMF06 includes a special pressure points targeting surface, completely oscillating foot pad and Arch Bar that further elevates the effects of massage therapy. Though the price is relatively higher in comparison to other massager s but quality and features make it stand out from the rest of its competitors. This massage is suitable for giving you relieve in all your feet related problems may it be swelling, chronic pains or other issues.
- Powerful machine yet really quiet.
- It offers 11 different speed options.
- Improves circulation and fluid flow.
- Relieves pains and reduces swelling.
- Durable product.
- Extended massage for arch, heel and toes.
- 1 year warranty.
- It doesn’t have heat therapy option.
- It is rather expensive in comparison.
2. Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager
This massager delivers a complete feet massage covering both the sides along with bottom of your feet. It features 2 foot chambers that work independently to give shiatsu foot massage. The massager improves flow of blood along your feet and relieves your tired muscles with vibrating and deep kneading movements. The massager features control panel that is easy to use with soft buttons. User can customize massager with personalized setting to select a powerful feet therapy.
The design is freestanding and its cloth cover can be removed for washing. It also features heat function that user can select independently to get a warm therapy for tired muscles. Package includes AC power adaptor.
- Shiatsu feet massage therapy.
- Head and vibration function that user can select independently.
- Easy to use control.
- Easy to maintain with removable and washable cover.
- Pain and stress reliever.
- Top of the feet is not covered for massage.
3. Brookstone 839379 Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat:
A smartly designed best foot massager that gives you benefit of Shiatsu massage and works over feet that are not well and are stressed. It stimulates reflexology of your feet by focusing on small muscles of your feet. Deep kneading and air compression therapies linked with this massager relieves tensed muscles and revitalizes overall wellbeing. User gets three different massage programs to choose from including pulse, soothe and energize.
Relaxation can be further increased with heat therapy that user can select. User can also select intensity levels between high and low to enhance the massaging experience at their level of comfort. Easy to use and move with grab handles. Some minutes of use of this massager for your feet would satisfy your toes and soles to an extent that your whole body will feet the difference.
- Appealing look.
- Effective massage ensured with deep kneading therapy and air compression.
- 3 different auto massage programs and intensities can be selected between high and low.
- Easy to use and move with grab handles.
- Focuses more on your toe rather than complete feet.
- Some users gave their foot massager review that it is a little noisy.
Key Features to look for when buying the Best Foot Massager:
A number of varied models and types of massagers exists in market and thus what makes each one of them different is because of the set of features that each offer. If you would like to opt for advance features, you may need to pay a price little higher than average. So before making your buying decision here are the key set of features that you should consider:
- Surface Cushioned: Cushioned surface is included in most of the massagers. Presence of cushion makes foot massager more relaxing and comfortable for users. With cushioned surface, users’ feet would not slip during massage and thus elevating the effects of therapy. Varied materials are used for making of cushioned surface. Some massager s have soft foam while some may have malleable plastic pads including gel. You can test and buy whichever you like.
- Variable Speeds: This is an option that you will find with electric massager s as with manual ones you are manually controlling the speed. You can select different speeds when using an electric massager and usually there will be 3 speed levels. You can customize speed according to your choice. While selecting a massager for your feet with multiple speed levels make sure that massager has a non-slip base padding so that your feet wouldn’t move as you make any shift in speed.
- Control Options: Control options with an electric massager are usually placed on its body and you may need to bend down to control any adjustments that you want to make during a massage therapy. Some may also include control options that can be controlled with the user’s toes. With more advanced versions (may be expensive), you are given an easy to use remote control with which you can easily change settings.
- Heat Feature: Some best foot massagers also include heaters that offer therapeutic benefits to aching feet. Some models include use of a water bath with heaters whereas some have only heaters. Some massagers also include heater option for ankle and upper foot. These massagers with heaters are usually larger in size.
- Water Jets Feature: Advance versions of massagers also include use ofwater jets that further improve the experience of massage therapy. These water jets improve circulation of blood and relieves stiffness of tight muscles.
- Portability: If you will be moving your foot massage quite frequently, this is an important consideration. You will be able to find some models that can be lifted and moved somewhat easily.
- Cost: Cost of foot massagers with similar features irrespective of brand would be somewhat similar or close. Cost is usually similar and thus if you will be buying the most cheap one, you will be only saving a few dollars.
Tips for getting all Benefits of a Foot Massager:
A user can reap most benefits out of a foot massager provided you use and maintain it properly. Using a massager is not rocket science rather it is pretty simple.
- These machines usually need no assembly and you just take it out from the box and place it at a place where you would like to enjoy a soothing feet massage therapy.
- Now plug in the massager.
- Make sure that you wash and clean your feet before placing it over foot massager.
- Before turning the machine on, set your desired setting.
- Now turn the machine on and an effective feet therapy will begin.
- You now just need to relax and wait for a buzzing timer sound. Your massager may not include a timer so make sure you follow instructions and keep a track of time.
- Don’t overdo massage.
Selecting a right foot massager not only gives you a revitalizing feet massage but it provides varied health benefits. When you have your feet worked by a relaxing foot massager, you will end up working more smoothly throughout the day. We have presented some of the best massagers with pros and cons of each and you can narrow down your choice according to your personal or professional needs of a massager. Apart from your needs, you must also consider the location where you will be using these massagers and how long would you be using them? Answers to all these questions would help you in making right selection of a massager for your feet.