To transform your ordinary shower into a spa-like experience, opt for the best massage shower heads on the market. These are the kinds of shower heads that offer a wide range of sprays that satisfy your every showering and massage needs.
Not only will you enjoy using the massage shower heads recommended, but even your children and pets will get a kick out of them.
You can either research for yourself, and comb through mountains of product reviews. Or, check this review and buying guide for the recommended massage shower heads.
Here, you will find five massage showerheads that may be available where you are.
Buying Guide-Massage Shower Heads
But first, here are a few things to consider when choosing your massage showerheads.
Your needs – The first thing to consider is your actual need for a shower head. When factoring your needs, also remember to consider the needs of your family. Do you have children and pets? The kind of shower head you need will depend on what you also require to shower your kids and groom your pets. From the many showerhead options to choose from, you may need to select handheld, fixed mount, dual combo, adjustable height, or wands (for hair and pets). Once you confirm your requirements, the choice of the perfect showerhead becomes much easier.
Your bathroom space – The kind of shower head you choose also depends on the bathroom space you are working with. Larger bathrooms allow you a more extensive selection of showerheads you can either mount or have as a handheld. For smaller bathrooms, some shower heads fit perfectly. You would need to confirm with your supplier that the hose connecting the handheld showerhead is not too long for your bathroom space. Also, the kind of fixed mount shower head you choose must allow you to experience the most of it without messing up your bathroom floor.
Features – The best massage showerhead also provides features that allow you to enjoy showering thoroughly. One of the main features to look for is the water flow. Standard showerheads will enable you to use 2.5 gallons of water per minute. This is a decent water flow. Conservation showerheads are designed to use less water per minute – around 2.0 or less. Surprisingly, you won’t lose the power and flow that such conservation showerheads can provide. You get the same jet flow of water while conserving on your household water supply. Of course, there are other features that you may prefer, including easy installation, easy settings selection, and flexibility.
Durability – You may prefer to purchase a very durable showerhead. These may cost you more, but if durability is a significant concern, then, by all means, go ahead and buy a more expensive showerhead. If you are more concerned about the cost, then you may look for a cheaper alternative. That said, more inexpensive, less robust showerheads are not expected to last for a long time.
Flexibility – The best massage showerheads are flexible and easy to handle. Particularly for handheld massage showerheads, the flexibility of the connecting hose is crucial. Pay close attention to the specifications on the label. The material that the connecting hose is made of will give you a clue on its flexibility.
Ease of Installation and Maintenance – Most showerheads on the market are easy to install on standard ½ inch shower arms. Tools are not required, and you don’t need to call the plumber in most cases. Read the instructions anyway so that you are sure to install, clean, and maintain your massage showerhead effectively.
State Restrictions – Not every state in the United States allow the purchase and use of showerheads that have unrestricted flows. That is why manufacturers make showerheads with flow restrictors installed. Currently, the states of California and Colorado, as well as the city of New York have regulations on the showerhead flows that are allowed. For the rest of the states, there are no restrictions in place on showerhead water flow rates.
Top 5 Best Massaging Shower Heads Reviews
#1 Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mounted Filtered Shower Head with Massage, Chrome Finish
Enjoy a refreshing shower with the Culligan WSH-C125. With this bathroom accessory, you can lower the buildup of harsh chlorine and scale in your shower. Furthermore, the Culligan showerhead includes a filtration system that takes away any impurity from the water you use. Effectively, the showerhead’s filtration system prevents damage to your hair so you won’t experience itchy, dry scalp.
Plus, your scalp and skin get more hydration and nourishment by the Culligan showerhead’s reduction of scale residue in your shower. It’s easy to install this lightweight showerhead. In just minutes, and with only Teflon tape, you can get the Culligan showerhead up and running. You have five spray options to select with the Culligan – from a pulse massage spray that relaxes your muscles, to the complete shower for your entire body. The beauty of using the Culligan WSH-C125 showerhead is its ability to transform damaged hair to its silky smoothness. If you have trouble with water pressure, this showerhead will make showering less of a hassle. It improves the water pressure that reaches you in your shower.
- Easy to install – is wall mountable
- Equipped with water spray nozzles made of rubber that prevent clogging;
- Choose from five relaxing and invigorating spray settings;
- Comes with filter cartridge and filters that remove chlorine, scales, and sulfur odor for six months or 10, 000 gallons of use;
- The filter system also limits the growth of bacteria so your showers can be cleaner;
- Can be installed on any standard shower arm that is a ½ inch, threaded.
#2 Niagara Conservation 2.0 GPM Niagara Chrome Handheld Massage Showerhead
With the Niagara Conservation 2.0 gallons per minute massage showerhead, you experience a soothing shower without wasting water and energy. This massage showerhead is made by the Niagara Conservation Earth group which has more than thirty years of experience making environmentally friendly products. Not only is the Niagara showerhead an efficient performer, but it is also quite affordable to suit any budget.
You will also notice that the entire showerhead is made of plastic with chrome finish. It is also designed with a six-foot flexible stainless steel hose (great for full sized bathtubs). A smart feature is the infinitely variable settings which you can choose in your showerhead – not the preset choices from the manufacturer.
Regardless of actual water pressure in your home, the Niagara showerhead, through its patented internal pressure compensator, consistently gives sufficient water flow. You will, therefore, enjoy long massage showers without using an excess amount of water in the process. So, don’t hesitate to select the Niagara Conservation handheld massage showerhead. It is a terrific product designed for efficiency and relaxation.
- The oval showerhead bracket prevents it from accidentally twisting with the water’s force;
- Adjust the spray seamlessly by rotating the showerhead 270 degrees for any mix you desire; Get from a gentle spray to a forceful jet blast with this adjustable shower head.
- Compared with similar product, the Niagara Conservation handheld showerhead is very affordable;
- Comes equipped with a six-foot hose that is flexible and easy on the arms;
- Very efficient in using water, with a flow rate of 2.0 gallons per minute regardless of actual water pressure.
#3 High Pressure Rainfall Massage Shower Head Powerful Shower Spray against Low water flow
For a more luxurious shower experience, look no further than this six-inch wide shower device. As a wide-faced shower head, this bathroom product allows a stronger water flow for an effective massage shower. Regardless of the low water pressure, this will give you top performance. Not only is this shower head the best fit for standard ½ inch shower arms, but it is also straightforward to install. All you need to do is unscrew the existing shower arm and put in the threading tape before screwing the new shower arm and head in place.
The showerhead is made with durable ABS plastic that is also Chrome plated. The rubber nozzles also prevent the buildup of lime and calcium residue. A useful feature is its 57 jets that provide a range of shower and massage options you and your family will enjoy. Adjust the angle of the showerhead with the metal swivel ball connection as well.
- Enjoy the powerful rainfall shower and massage with this showerhead, even under low water pressure conditions;
- Remove the flow restrictor for an excellent flow just like what you would experience in a spa;
- Quite easy to set up, clean, and maintain;
- Adjust the angle of your showerhead with the metal swivel ball;
- The showerhead can be connected with a standard U.S. shower arm.
#4 Waterpik SM 653 CG Original Massage Hand Held Shower Head, Chrome
Bring a spark into your life with the refreshing and relaxing massage shower by the Waterpik SM 653 CG Original handheld showerhead. With six settings to choose from, you can make your shower experience a soothing massage or a tingling blast that reaches your entire body. Equipped with a five-foot flexible hose, the Waterpik handheld massage showerhead is ideal for anyone who uses a full sized bathtub. It is very convenient for showering your pets and kids.
Furthermore, the Waterpik handheld massage showerhead is quick and easy to install. Ever since it launched a shower massage in 1974, the Waterpik company has consistently produced household shower products that are high performance. Expect a high standard of quality from this world leader in shower products.
- The Waterpik handheld showerhead features six spray settings that include the company’s flagship shower massage option;
- It is connected to a five-foot hose that is easy to clean and flexible;
- It is suitable for showering children, washing pets, and is useful in assisted showering;
- The Waterpik showerhead is designed for using optiflow technology to achieve the maximum flow of water;
- Adjust the angle of the showerhead bracket as you desire for the most comfortable showering experience.
- The Waterpik handheld massage showerhead is a basic design that does not come with a full suite of features;
- Restrictions on replacement showerhead flow rates prevent persons living in the states of Colorado, California, and in New York City, from buying the Waterpik model.
#5 Massaging Shower Head High Pressure – Multi-Function, Massage Rainfall Showerhead
Experience rejuvenation like a spa treatment with the Aqua Elegante massaging showerhead. With this top of the line bathroom product, you will experience relaxing showers that perfectly start your days. You will also notice that this showerhead allows more water to flow from it. You feel the water pressure cascading on your body.
Because of restrictions in some states in the US, you are not allowed to maximize the water flow capacity of your showerhead. With the Aqua Elegante showerhead, you can also remove the flow restrictor if you choose to do so. Plus, the Aqua Elegante showerhead is quite easy to install on your shower arm. Within one minute you can connect your new showerhead and start showering.
Another thing, the Aqua Elegante showerhead consists of silicone rubber jet nozzles that do not cause a buildup of mineral residue. Besides, it is lightweight, thanks to the durable ABS plastic material. To match your bathroom décor, the showerhead is coated with an appealing metal finish. The manufacturers of the Aqua Elegante showerhead are so confident about their product that they offer an incredible five years warranty. If you don’t enjoy the Aqua Elegante showerhead, you get your money back, no questions asked.
- Remove the flow restrictor to get a more powerful flow from your showerhead;
- Choose your favorite spa-like setting for a luxurious shower; This showerhead is great for everyone, even your pets.
- Well-engineered showerhead, built to last – durable ABS plastic, heavy-duty brass fitting that will not leak or crack, stainless steel that is rust resistant;
- Nozzles prevent the buildup of calcium;
- Very easy to twist on to your shower arm – no tools or plumbers are required;
- Includes three unique spray options – Gentle Mist for relaxation, Power Massage for muscle aches, and Saturating Rinse for showering.
- You also have two mixed modes as well as a water conservation function.
So, you can see for yourself how massage showerheads can transform your ordinary showers into a luxurious, spa-like experience. This review and buying guide looked at the things you need to consider when buying a massage showerhead. It has also provided recommendations on five of the best massage showerheads for your purposes. Whether you are interested in the handheld model, the fix mounted, or the dual combo kind, you will find the ideal showerhead. What these recommended showerheads have in common is the full range of spray options that make showering a rejuvenating and relaxing experience. So, don’t hesitate to choose your massage showerhead online or from your favorite supplier.