Liver is definitely an important part of your body. This body part is responsible for removing toxins, bacteria and other worn out substances that can further cause damage to other parts. Proper functioning of this part directly influences regulation of sugar in blood and metabolizing of hormones. Many a times, external forces and some within your body may hinder proper functioning of liver and it may not be performing at its optimal level. Your liver may be overwhelmed by these pressures and resulting in poor oxygenation and circulation. Certain techniques can aid your liver in improving its performance. One such technique is massage therapy. An effective massage therapy would not only improve circulation but would speed up process of removing toxins from your body.
Benefits with Improved Liver Function via Massage Therapy:
As liver performs some of the critical functions for your body, it is important to make sure that this organ should be performing at its optimal level. With proper massage techniques, liver function is improved and as a result of which you will witness impressive results with your body health and functionality:
- Liver Massage Reduces Pain: This works specifically well for women suffering from severe cramps and pains during their menstrual cycle. Usually cramps during menstrual cycle and other issues related to this period such as breast pain, back pain etc. are linked to inactiveness of liver. Massage therapies have proved effective for making liver function active and it works for reduced menstrual cramps and abdominal pains. Women may also use some self-massage techniques to ease up pains during these conditions. Not only massage would improve liver function but would also improve performance of other body organs.
- Liver Massage improves Constipation Problem: Constipation or indigestion is a common problem in people of all age group. It may be result of bad eating habits, stress or any other issues that affects your liver function that is responsible for relaxing abdomen muscles. Massage therapy can also solve this issue.
Simple massage therapies that can work for your indigestion problem are:
- Lay down on your back and then bring your knees close to center of your chest.
- Light massage over your stomach would also work.
- You liver lies in your upper abdomen and with firm long strokes over its center would also improve indigestion issue.
- An important pressure point for your liver function lies between your big and second toe and an anti-clockwise circular rubbing at this point would also improve condition.
Massage Therapies focused for your Liver:
There exists several different massage treatments that one can opt for in order to improve liver functionality. You can either opt for:
- Certain self-massaging techniques including simple movements or rubbing,
- Some massage workouts that are focused for liver function, or
- Can go to a professionally trained massage therapist for help.
In order to perform a liver massage, you or your therapist should be well aware of where you liver is located in your body. Some techniques of massage for liver include:
- Lay down on your back, have your left arm over your head so that the abdomen is straightened. Now put your palm thumb on your sternum while it points towards your left. Right hand should slide along rib cage along with your navel. Now apply a gentle massage around your rib area while breathing deeply. This massage technique should be followed for some minutes. In case there is any sign of discomfort, immediately discontinue massage.
- Lay on your right and feel your liver area with your left hand. Your head should be slightly forward but make sure you are completely comfortable with the position. Knees should be bent. Staying in this position and very light pressing and massaging your liver and ribs with your thumb knuckle would relax tensed muscles surrounding your liver.
- Another effective massage is that you can do while standing. You just need to massage your hips with gentle movement of your hands. Make sure that your feet are apart around a width equal to your shoulder. Have your hands placed at your hips and make gentle circular movements for some minutes. This massage technique would massage your liver without movements of your hands on the body part.
- People who are suffering from any chronic liver disease should visit their doctor before opting for any massage therapy.
- Your massage therapist must be well aware of your health conditions and problems before applying any therapy on your body.
- Remember that some massage techniques may not be suitable for certain conditions so if there is any critical health problem avoid such intense massage techniques such as deep tissue massage or you may then be facing serious complications with your health.
- Before taking any kind of self-massage treatment, it is best to consult some health professional in order to avoid any kind of resulting discomfort.
Through gentle massaging and rubbing particular areas of your body, you cannot only relax tensed tissues and muscles around your liver but would also be able to improve liver function that is one of the keys to good health. Stagnant functionality of liver can be because of many reasons. It could be stress, infection, allergies, use of some medicines and any disease. Proper liver function would not only cleanse your inner system, improve circulation but would also make you more active and energized. Function of liver directly influences functionality of other body organs and massage is one of the easiest drug-free method of reducing liver passiveness.