Massage is an impressive way of building connection between two partners. While making efforts to de-stress and re-vitalize each other, they build an intimate bond between them. Apart from that bonding that is created between them, they are offering a number of benefits for physical and mental wellbeing of each other. Massaging his back for relieving stress and pains after a day of hard work can be better than any gift in the world. There is no better alternative than this natural way of expression. You can score some serious benefits for health and for your relationship provided you work well for an effective therapy for your partner.
Why Massage for Couples?
Here are some reasons that compel the use of massage therapy as a tool to bond and further strengthen your relationship. One of the best ways to connect with each other and brings around many other benefits including:
- It is healthy for your partner: When you are doing something for your partner and you have an alternative that is one of the best method of connecting and offers numerous benefits for his health; so you will surely prefer it. Won’t you? Massage brings along a lengthy list of health benefits including improved circulation, improved immune system, reduced pain, decreased blood pressure level etc.
- It reduces stress and fatigue: Research shows massage proves helpful in releasing stress related chemicals in a human body. It decreases the level of cortisol whereas improves the level of endorphins. Massage can allow your partner to escape in to a state of complete relaxation and thus allows your body to release all the stress and anxiety for a revitalized you.
- It gives you both a time or reconnect: Time is tough and usually partners do not get much time to reconnect. Massage session can be one solution to this problem. A massage session for your partner gives you both time to reconnect when life is busy and it appears to be more meaningful time. Massage allows you both to reconnect at a slower pace with some physical touch and emotional intimacy.
It allows partners to focus on each other: Many a times, one of the partners is usually always at the end of giving. A massage session for both can make sure that your partner enjoys receiving too. Focusing on giving and receiving a massage therapy actually aids both of you in concentrating about each other as you try to bring in an enhanced experience each time.
- It aids in scrutiny of your body for injuries and pains: As you practice giving and receiving massage quite often, it becomes easier to get a notice of any unusual pains, injuries or even diseases in a body. You will be able to realize anything unusual in your body as well as that of your partner and thus will be able to make an effort to support overall health and fitness. The earlier you become aware of any such ailments or injuries, the better you will be able to work for easing up these problems.
How to Give your Partner a Perfect Relaxing Massage?
Here are a set of tips and steps that would enable you to give your partner a deep relaxing massage.
- Set the Atmosphere: First thing that you should do is to create an environment and set the mood in the room where you aim to give massage. This room for massage should be completely clean with no mess around to distract. The environment should be warm and you can use some candles and light music. Aromatherapy oils can make the effects even more special.
- Begin with Light Rubbing: Not all of you would be a professional massage therapist or trained to give a therapeutic massage. You may be new to this task. If that is the case, you should begin giving massage with light rubbing over shoulders and scalp of your partner. Some relaxing light strokes would do the job with movement of your hands and fingers all around the body. Light movements in direction of your partner’s heart would improve circulation of blood so be sure to do so. Apart from that whatever movements you are making, just make sure that they are slow paced and you remain connected to your partner throughout the session.
- Focus on Key Areas: When trying to give a complete relaxing massage, it is important to make sure that you work over all the main muscles and areas of your partner’s body. Use light strokes over back, shoulders, neck, arms, hands, fingers, legs, thighs, feet and toes.
- Use of Lotions or Oils: For further elevating the effects of massage therapy, you can include use of aromatic lotions or oils that enables you to give a good relaxing massage. Use of these lotions and oils actually enable a better glide over your partner’s body. However while choosing an oil, you must make sure that it should be such that your partner could tolerate. Some people do have allergies and other medical concerns so be sure before you apply anything on their body.
- Talk during Massage: Communicating quite important for connecting during a therapy. Make sure you ask your partner if the pressure is bearable or they would like it to be a little lighter or would like intensity to be increased. Talk calmly and be very slow so that you don’t interrupt the when he/she is feeling good and relaxed.
- Give Time and Efforts to make it a Wonderful Experience: A massage therapy should be sensual and relaxing experience for you partner and thus you should give time and required efforts to stimulate the effects. Don’t force any therapeutic work that may be making your partner uncomfortable or he/she may feel pain. Forcing such strokes would only break the mood. So it is best to focus on his reaction during a massage therapy and thus concentrate on efforts that are taking him to a state of relaxation and comfort.
An effective massage therapy can be an enjoyable yet healing experience for your partner. A successful session would give you opportunity to connect with your partner and it will become beneficial for both of you. For those who have no knowledge of massage therapy can follow these guidelines, some online tutorials or read books so that you can adopt different techniques that makes massage more exciting for your partner.