For all those professional massage therapists who are really serious about their jobs and wish to travel and visit clients for demonstrating and for giving out massage therapies, a portable massage chair is the perfect solution. Designed for portability as the name suggests, you can easily carry these chairs along with you at any time and at any place. These chairs differ from traditional and automatic massage chairs in terms of their portability and convenience of use, travel and storage. While these chairs offer you convenience and comfort of use, this doesn’t mean that you may need to compromise on the accessories that you find with other massage chairs and tables. They are inclusive of everything that a massage chair or table can offer you.
Massage Chairs vs Portable Massage Chairs:
A complete massage is related to focusing on all parts of your body including neck, shoulder, hands, arms, legs and elsewhere. Massage therapists make use of varied tools to give your body a complete massage. A traditional massage chair is one of the best options that can be used for an on-site massage however if therapist needs to give massage in varied environments outside their own office or even within, a portable massage chair is the best solution for them.
When compared to a traditional massage chair, the main differences are:
|Portable Massage Chair||Massage Chair|
|Massage can be performed at any location because of ease of transfer.||Massage can be performed at a location where chair is placed and it is usually difficult to transfer.|
|Apart from professional or home settings, these chairs can be easily used at events, conferences, trade shows, malls and elsewhere.||It can be used in a professional or home setting.|
|Therapist can give a customized therapy depending upon client’s needs. Thus these therapies turn out to be more relaxing for an individual.||Auto massage chairs are pre-programmed and thus cannot assess a client’s condition and make decisions accordingly.|
|Massage therapist can work on diversified spots on a client’s body.||Massage chairs work well on specified points around your body.|
|Massage therapist can work on diversified spots on a client’s body.||Massage chairs are designed with preset duration of sessions.|
|Massage therapist can work on diversified spots on a client’s body.||Difficult to store.|
|Carrying case included.||Not applicable.|
|Easy to Clean and Maintain.||Comparatively difficult to Clean and Maintain.|
|Low Purchase Cost.||Expensive.|
Benefits of using portable massage chair
A portable massage chair is the most appropriate choice in many situations. Here are some additional benefits that these portable chairs offer apart from all the health benefits of massage therapies.
- These massage chairs are designed and manufactured for portability and thus a massage therapist can easily use it at any location.
- Most suitable option for demonstrations, home massage visits, employee appreciation events, offices or corporate settings, mall, field and elsewhere.
- Transporting these massage chairs is not an issue at all.
- Easy to carry (folding design).
- Easy to store (folding design).
- Most of them are easy to set up on-site.
- Many of these massage chairs have adjustable design so you can adjust it according to your height and client’s body.
- Client doesn’t need to disrobe himself.
- Ease of work for massage therapists as you don’t need to stress your body or work hard for reaching a client’s body for massage.
- Some massage chairs allow space for therapists to sit and relax while giving a therapy.
- Accessing all parts of your client’s body is much easier in comparison to using massage other massage chairs and tables.
Best Portable Massage Chairs:
A number of different brands and models of portable chairs are available and here are our top 3 recommendations:
1. Premium BestMassage Black 4″:
The first recommendation that we will make for massage therapist when they ought to buy a perfect portable tool for massage is the one from BestMassage. In our recommendation with research and customer’s reviews, this chair is one of the best options for your business. Constructed from high quality Ultra Soft PU Surface, this chair is easy to maintain and clean. The material used can be easily and quickly wiped after each massage session. It features comfortable thick cushions to make your customers feel relaxed without anything pointing or pinching their body.
Moreover it features adjustable seat, head rest and hand rest. This chair has a user capacity of 300 pounds which is good enough for easy holding of client with varied body weight and structure. This chair includes a free carrying case that makes transport super simple. It comes in 5 different colors for you to choose from. Set up size of the chair is only 29″ L x 48″ H x 18″ Wso it would not be occupying much space in your setting.
- High quality Ultra Soft PU surface.
- Comfortable thick cushions.
- Adjustable height, head and hands rest.
- 300 pounds weight capacity.
- Carrying case included.
- 5 different colors to choose.
- Easy to carry, use and store.
- Set up may be a bit tricky according to other user’s reviews.
2. Earthlite Vortex Massage Chair Package:
Earthlite Massage chair is one of the best portable massage chairs if you are looking for something portable yet comfortable. This chair is simple to use and is designed with comfortable cushions that gives customers a relaxing experience during massage therapy. It is really light weight yet it is super strong designed with aircraft aluminum frame design and innovative oval tube. The overall weight of the chair is only 15 pounds but it offers a weight capacity of 300 pounds so it could easily take care of different clients.
This product includes a protective carrying case along with a sternum pad. You can choose a color that you prefer as it gives you options of 7 different colors. Material of the chair is such that it is easy to clean and dry off thus maintenance would not be a problem.
- Expert and innovative design and engineering.
- Cushions for comfort.
- Extremely light weight.
- Protective case included for ease of carrying.
- Simple maintenance.
- Weight capacity 300 pounds.
- 2 years limited lifetime construction warranty and 2 years for cushions.
- Some customers said that the directions mentioned on the chair were confusing and they found some parts not functioning properly for setup. So make sure you buy from a reliable source.
3. Portable Massage Chair Comfort 4″
Another impressive choice in the field of light weight massage chairs is the Portable Comfort 4″ Thick Foam. Designed for a comfort for both therapist and his client offering ease of giving a massage without straining much of your body muscles. With its folding down design and free carrying case, you will find transport much easier. It’s beautiful burgundy design and sturdy material gives it a differentiated look yet durability.
The material is easy to clean, you just need to take a damp cloth and it will be cleaned comfortably. With a user holding capacity of 300 pounds, you can easily bring in any client for massage therapy. Moreover it features adjustable head rest, seat and hand rest so you can make the chair comfortable for yourself and your client. Highly cost-effective and offers more value than its price.
- Ultra Soft PU Surface and appealing design.
- Simple to clean and maintain.
- Sturdy construction.
- Fold down design for ease of storage.
- Carrying case makes travelling with it easier.
- Overall weight capacity of 300 pounds is good enough to accommodate different people.
- Adjustable seat, hand and head rest feature.
- This portable massage chair reviews suggests that users found instructions for assembly of this chair asincomplete information and thus difficult to understand the process of set up. Set up process can be checked online too.
How to get most out of benefits on your portable massage chair?
When you have a knowledge, skills and experience of being a professional massage therapist, you would already have a good and loyal client base. Above that if you purchase a portable chair, you are actually making an effort to reach out more of the clients in the market who may not have time to visit a spa or may not be comfortable with disrobing themselves and there could be other concerns.
With a portable chair, you can maximize your massage therapy business in various ways.
- You may step out of your clinic or wellness spa and actually visit some clients at their residences or offices to offer therapy in their own private place.
- You can use fund raising events, trade shows, exhibitions and other similar places where a good crowd is expected to market yourself therapy by placing your portable massage chair. These places can be best place to market your massage and healing techniques.
- As you will be placing this portable massage chair in public, just make sure that you select a proper model where client would feel completely comfortable and at ease.
- Give customized therapies by making adjustments according to client in order to give your client an appealing experience.
Doing these techniques would not only help you in making more business out of your massage chair but you will end up attracting and gaining customers who will become your regular loyal clients.
What to look for when buying a portable massage chair?
When you look for a best portable massage chair, you will find a number of different options available offering varied features and settings to make massage as comfortable as possible for therapist as well as client. But before you make a choice, it is important to have a look at some basic features that are a plus to have:
- Quality and Capacity: First thing that is most important is to consider quality when it comes to massage chair or any other wellness or fitness equipment. You should opt for something that has a strong and robust construction so that you can use this chair to support massage therapy of clients of different weight and sizes. No matter who you are supporting for massage, this chair should be capable of handling body weight with complete comfort. Prefer the chair that offers maximum user weight capacity.
- Weight of the Chair: Thus as the name suggests, you are looking for something really portable that could be carried around. Such chairs are often under consideration by therapists who will be travelling or moving their chair a lot. Thus if you opt for a 50-60 pound heavy chair, you are wasting your hard earned money. Look for something that is lighter in weight yet sturdy.
- Assembly: These chairs have folding design and thus you can set them up at any place. So before buying one, you should check assembly instructions of your chair. Check if it would need some minor installations and make sure deployment is simple and quick.
- Simple to Clean: Cleaning and hygiene is super important for wellness industry. No one would ever wish to climb up on a chair that has residues or marks. So make sure you consider buying a chair that has a material which is super easy to clean. This is important because therapist would be using lotions, creams and oils and so a chair that could be cleaned with little bit of water would be ideal choice.
- Adjustable Features: Many of the massage chairs today include features that are adjustable such as height, seat, arm rest, head rest, leg support, chest pad etc. For a more comfortable experience for you and your client, these adjustable features are essential consideration when buying a chair. With adjustable features you will be able to give your client a complete body massage that would relax his upper body, lower body and even his tired feet with a relaxing reflexology therapy.
- Price: Budget is for sure important. A good quality chairs can be easily found in a lower price range however it would be best to find a mix of reasonable price along with quality and features for a good experience of massage at both ends.
- Warranty: Many manufacturers of these chairs offer some warranty for varied parts of the equipment. Warranty period and terms would differ between one product and another so before buying make sure you check these warranty terms of your selected chair.
For massage therapists, it is important to make sure that you are always there to give you clients only the best ever experience. It is important to elevate your level as a therapist continuously so that you can retain your clients. With proper tools and services, you can make your first time client to become your regular one and it is important to satisfy him/her on his each session with you as a therapist. Here is where a portable comfortable massage chair would help. Even if you are a great massage therapist with excellent relaxing techniques but the tools or chair that your client is seated on is not comfortable; massage is not going to show its relaxing effect. So understand the importance of these tools and make sure that you never make your client uncomfortable. Portable chairs would not only be comfortable for your clients but they are budget-friendly and easier to use, maintain and store. So why not opt for these wonderful equipment when both therapist and client can gain satisfaction.