Are you looking for a best foot massager for plantar fasciitis? A foot massage can help you achieve relaxation at the end of the day. Your feet carry your weight and absorb pressure, especially if you spend a lot of time standing, walking, and carrying objects. For those with plantar fasciitis, an inflammation that runs below the feet, a massager is a must-have. There are many on the market, so finding one shouldn’t be a challenge. But not all are desirable. Here’s an overview of best foot massagers for plantar fasciitis, including a few shopping tips.
Plantar Fasciitis – Symptoms
Plantar fasciitis is one of the common conditions that warrant purchasing a massager. This condition is an inflammation of the band of tissue (plantar fascia) that connects the heel bone to the toes. The tissue runs below your feet and its inflammation may cause a sharp piercing pain. Plantar fasciitis is common among athletes, runners, and people that are overweight. Wearing shoes without adequate arch support may also increase your risk of developing the condition.
The most common plantar fasciitis symptom is a stabbing pain in your heel region and the bottom of your foot. You will experience pain when you take the first few steps in the morning, after standing for a long time or rising from a sitting position. Exercising can temporarily relieve the pain, but it is likely to worsen after your workout.
Many cases of plantar fascia stem from the irritation and inflammation of the plantar fascia tissue. This is a band of tissue supporting your foot’s arch. The bowstring-shaped tissue also absorbs shock when you walk. However, if the tension and stress are beyond what your plantar fascia can handle, it can result in small tears. Repeated tear and strain is what ultimately causes irritation and inflammation in most cases, although the cause of plantar fasciitis is still unclear.
Plantar Fasciitis Risk Factors
Some cases of plantar fasciitis develop without an obvious cause. However, various factors can increase your risk of developing the condition. For instance, plantar fasciitis is prevalent among those between 40 and 60 years old. Here are other risk factors:
Some activities, such as long-distance running, aerobic, and ballet dancing can heap stress on your feet, heels, toes, and surrounding tissues. Prolonged stress is a major contributor to the onset of the condition.
Obesity and Foot Mechanics
Excess weight puts added stress on your feet and heels. Improper foot mechanics, such as a high arch or abnormal walking pattern, can also affect weight distribution, placing more stress on your plantar fascia.
Jobs that require standing on your feet for long hours can strain the plantar fascia. Any occupation that requires prolonged walking and standing on hard surfaces can damage your plantar fascia.
Plantar Fasciitis Complications
Ignoring plantar fasciitis will aggravate the condition. Most people that experience symptoms for the first time may ignore them or attempt to change how they walk to reduce pain. However, this can cause more damage to your knee, hip, and lower back region. This is why you should find a massager for plantar fascitis.
Best Foot Massagers for Plantar Fasciitis
Massaging your feet can provide temporary relief for plantar fasciitis pain and also contribute to quick healing. If your condition is a result of repeated stress and micro-tears on your tissues, regular foot massage is one way to soothe pain instantly. Modern foot massagers are more effective and convenient, and there are several models you can use to heal the condition. So, what is the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis? Here’s a look at 13 top models:
1. uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager For Plantar Fasciitis
This is one of the best foot massagers for plantar fasciitis on the market. It comes with five different massage intensity modes for more versatility, allowing you to increase intensity during the massage. The massager uses two styles to knead and relieve pressure from your feet. The first is a shiatsu-style massage, which relies on kneading, while the other is a vibration-style massage. You can also use heat and air pressure settings to loosen cramped muscles or combine different settings for a comforting overall foot massage.
uComfy foot massager for plantar fasciitis relies on the reflexology principle that involves acupressure with heat and compression. The massage targets foot pressure points to soothe tired, aching feet while relieving tension in tight muscles. This manipulation of pressure points leaves you feeling relaxed and comfortable.
You can use the foot massager regularly and it features removable covers for easy maintenance. Cleaning is as simple as wiping the foot massager using a damp cloth. It also boasts durable materials, including a rubber stand that provides a non-slip grip. The construction is ABS plastic and nylon.
2. Body Back Foot Star Massager and Plantar Fasciitis Roller
This is a unique model that you can carry anywhere you go. It features hundreds of acupressure stars that use a rolling motion to massage all pressure points in your feet. The simple rolling motion provides a calming effect that instantly soothes pain, making it ideal for those with plantar fasciitis. Its rubber-like construction is firm yet comfortable, washable and portable. It increases blood flow, which is essential when soothing plantar fasciitis, and releases toxins that build-up due to increased stress in your foot and heel region.
The Foot Star massager provides deep tissue massage for myofascial release, which gradually disperses pain-causing toxins in your feet muscles and tendons. The non-intrusive spikes speed up pain relief by adding pressure to trigger all reflexology points on your feet. To clean, simply rinse with soap and water. Body Back is also a reputable company with several years of providing massage equipment. You can use the foot massager to relieve pressure in your hands, back, and other body parts.
3. Medi-Rub Foot Massager 2000 Plus
Medi-Rub is worth trying if you are looking for an all-around best electric foot massager for plantar fasciitis. This foot massager increases blood circulation in your feet and lower legs. It uses a heavy-duty motor that delivers two speeds for massaging the bottom of your feet and heels. It has been recommended for patients with diabetes and neuropathy and reduces the likelihood of developing leg cramps. The massager also eases pain in your heels and toes, making it one of the most suitable for soothing plantar fasciitis.
Medi-Rub is a simple foot massager you can use to set a slower and more intense speed depending on the massage you need. A faster speed suits those who need quick relief and you can slow it down once the pain starts to fade. The protruding squares target most pressure points on your feet, causing instant comfort and relief. It also increases blood circulation, stimulating the release of pain-causing toxins. You will also enjoy longer massage therapy as the unit features premium quality materials.
4. Moji Foot Pro
Moji Foot Pro is a foot massager like no other, offering dual-therapy pain relief with patented stainless steel spheres. The foot massager functions by rolling your foot over the spheres, stretching and massaging the entire plantar fascia tissue inflamed. You can remove and store the six spheres in the fridge for the added benefit of an ice massage. Their unique placement ensures all angles are covered, triggering key pressure points. The stretching and massaging also boost blood supply and release toxins trapped in your feet muscles and tendons.
A slip-resistant base provides stability, and the massager works in both sitting and standing positions. It is also lightweight so you can use your foot massager on the go or when watching your favorite TV show, and is made in the USA. The balls rotate at 360° stretching your plantar fascia tissues in all directions and massaging them to release toxins and promote circulation. What’s more, you have full control of the rolling motion and you can target different areas of your feet to relieve all pain.
5. HoMedics Shiatsu Elite Foot Massager
This is one of the advanced foot massagers for plantar fasciitis on the market, offering a combination of deep kneading and heat to soothe pressure and pain in your heels, feet, toes, and more. The shiatsu-style foot massager features intuitive counter-rotating heads that ensure the entire bottom of your foot is touched, kneaded, massaged, and heat-treated. There are four different heads, two for each foot, and the LED display indicates where the action is taking place. You can also change the setting to massage only or massage and heat combined.
Apart from design aesthetics and easy-to-use controls, the HoMedics Shiatsu Elite foot massager for plantar fasciitis boasts the best user reviews. The innovative rotating heads deliver deep kneading that reaches all the trigger points. Adding heat to the process results in quick loosening and relaxation, which translates into comfort. The foot massager offers instant therapy for the entire foot, making it suitable for plantar fasciitis pain. It is also lightweight and ergonomic, so you can move it around with ease. However, the massager doesn’t apply pressure.
6. MedMassager Therapeutic 11 Speed Electric Deep Tissue Foot Calf Massager MMF06If you are looking for the most powerful massager for plantar fasciitis on the market, it doesn’t get better than MedMassager. This model provides 11 different speeds from 1000rpm to 3,700rpm, allowing you to set the speed according to your needs. The angled foot massager features a soft surface with arch-bars that target your pressure points. You can use the oscillating foot massager wearing your shoes, although it is best without. The massager covers your entire feet, including the plantar fascia, toes, and heels, reaching all pressure points and stressed tissues. MedMassager relives different kinds of pain originating in your foot. You can use it for calf pain and restless leg, heel and bone spurs, tired feet and ankles, plantar fasciitis, stressed nerves, and insulin issues. The foot massager is ideal for general relaxation, making it an excellent gift for an aging friend or family. It is also versatile and can soothe different categories of pain. The design allows you to massage with or without shoes, wearing socks, when working, or watching TV. You can also massage the back of your leg.
7. Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager for plantar fasciitis With Deep-KneadingThis is a versatile foot massager boasting two independent chambers, one for each foot. It relieves all kinds of foot pain, including plantar fasciitis, diabetes, neuropathy, muscle tension, and chronic pain. The foot massager uses a combination of heat application, deep kneading, and shiatsu rolling, providing a sensational relief for sore feet and pain. There are five air pressure settings and two remote controls for each foot chamber. This allows you to control the massager conveniently while watching TV, working, or simply relaxing. You can also use the ergonomic controls on the unit. Miko foot massager uses soothing reflexology nodes that target unique pressure points, stimulating blood flow and the body’s ability to heal itself. It features independently selectable settings to help you apply gentle warmth and heat to stressed muscles. The rolling, deep kneading and acupressure also stimulate the release of toxins in your tissues. This, coupled with increased circulation, provides instant relief and comfort for plantar fasciitis. You can even personalize the center control setting, depending on the type of massage you need.
8. Arealer Foot Massager for Plantar FasciosisOne of the most convenient foot massagers, Arealer is packed with several features to help you soothe sore muscles, plantar fasciitis, and other foot issues. It features two chambers that provide a combination of shiatsu, heat, and air compression to trigger pressure points and soothe tension in different areas. The foot massager for foot fasciitis also boosts circulation, accelerates metabolism, and has two temperature adjustments for low and high heat modes. A remote control reduces functionality to a single button, which is ideal for the elderly, as you can operate without touching the central interface. There is a visualization display to help you set your time and temperature. It also provides other information to help you understand the function and state of your foot massager. It soothes pain through rolling kneading, scraping and pressing, offering both soft and firm massage. Unlike most foot massagers, the model can achieve heat, kneading, and pressure in different modes, which results in more effective pressure relief. The model also comes with a dedicated after-sales service with product information and professional guidance. A six-month warranty backs it.
9. Nektec Shiatsu Dual-Foot Massager with HeatThis foot massager features six massage heads with three nodes each for a total of 18 touchpoints that trigger pressure points on your feet. It will help you relax and soothe sore tissues and increase blood circulation. The massager also has a heat function that eases fatigue to speed up relaxation. You can turn the function on/off manually. A three-level adjustable height gives you more options to find the right level for maximum comfort and massage. The foot massager for plantar fasciitis is also compact and portable, so you can use it on the go. Nektec Shiatsu foot massager is very easy to operate. You can reach the power button and set other modes using your feet. It also features a built-in handle and cord storage that makes it convenient to carry around. Through a combination of deep kneading, rolling and heat application, the massager releases all toxins that are trapped in your sore tissues and ligaments. It is ideal for relieving plantar fasciitis pain, neuropathy, muscle fatigue, and other discomforts in the foot and heel region.
10. Human Touch Reflex-4 Foot and Calf MassagerThis is one of the comfiest foot massagers you will encounter. Reflex4 boasts a patented figure-eight design that covers your feet and calves, providing a highly effective massage similar to that of a professional therapist. It stimulates reflexology rollers under your foot, delivering a robust massage for your heel, arch, and sole. The unit features non-skid floor protectors that ground it in place and also boasts quiet operation. Enhanced tilting and other ergonomic aspects provide posture and comfort, giving superior relief in the comfort of your home. Reflex4 uses advanced “CirQlation” technology that improves blood circulation and relieves stress in your feet and muscles. After long hours of standing, this massager can soothe your sore feet, heels, calves, and ankles. It also relieves the discomfort caused by fibromyalgia, plantar fasciitis, and circulatory issues. Underfoot reflexology ensures blood flows from the feet to the core, providing fresh nutrients and expelling trapped toxins. It is perfectly portable and features an adjustable tilt for maximum comfort.
For those seeking a simple foot massager to unwind after a long day, TheraFlow roller is among the top offers. This foot massager soothes pain arising from your sole, arch, and heel region, including plantar fascia and ligaments. It can help you relieve muscle tension and soreness from stressed ligaments. However, unlike electrical massagers, the roller is a mechanical model that requires manual foot rolling. It helps you relax by promoting the myofascial release and blood circulation to tissues located at the bottom of your feet.
The roller, which is made of premium Theaceae wood, features innovative patterns that target different pressure points to stimulate blood flow weight distribution and balance. The base is stable and remains in place as you roll your feet. TheraFlow roller is also user-friendly and boasts a lightweight (4 ounces) construction so you can relax on the go. You only need a flat surface. It is also sturdy, despite the small structure and one of the most purchased foot massagers with numerous positive reviews.
12. RENPHO Foot Massager MachineProfessional foot massage is what RENPHO promises with its foot massager machine. The model features rotating ball, rolling stick, and head, providing a relaxing deep-kneading shiatsu massage for all foot pain issues. It offers three knead and three squeeze intensities to customize the massage. You can also control the shooting heat function independently. RENPHO foot massager machine provides convenience and easy-to-use touch controls. It is an excellent gift for friends that need body healing massage and accommodates feet sizes up to size 12, which covers most people. Like most electrical foot massagers, this model features independent chambers, so you can focus on relieving stress around each foot. There’s no remote control, so the model may not suit older folks. However, the touch screen is sleek and the controls are effective in soothing sore muscles, plantar fasciitis, stressed ligaments, and other issues arising from increased tension. It provides maximum comfort within 30 minutes and has a lightweight construction you can pack for a trip. The shiatsu massage machine also uses compression, heat, and squeeze, which mimics professional massage therapy.
13. Beurer FM60 Shiatsu Foot MassagerFM60 closes our best foot massager for plantar fasciitis reviews and comes with various perks integrated to optimize pain relief and comfort. The model relies on acupressure with 18 massage heads (balls) rotating in ultimate reflexology to trigger pressure points on the bottom of your foot. It stimulates blood circulation and has heat to warm up your sore and tense tissues. This stimulates the release of pain-causing toxins in your stressed tissues and ligaments. The reflexology technique reduces stress and provides an overall feeling of well-being to accompany your massage therapy. Although designed for foot massage, this model is versatile and provides independently adjustable inclinations to massage other body parts. The surface features breathable mesh and two-speed settings allow you to soothe pain instantly or relax to give your feet a pleasant soothing massage. The adjustable feet ensure customizable comfortable positioning and the heat function is optional, so you can turn it off/on as desired. FM60’s design is also sturdy and lightweight to enable massage on the go. Functions of this foot massager for plantar fasciitis are displayed using colored LEDs.
What to Consider When Buying the Best Foot Massager for Plantar Fasciitis
What is the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis? As you can see from the list above, there at least thirteen options you can pick from this review alone. Plantar fasciitis is common and foot massagers are in high demand, so naturally, there are several options. Nonetheless, not all models are designed for plantar fasciitis. Some are also cheap quality makes that don’t have any real value. To avoid such models, you need a careful review of the following aspects:
Settings and customization
You should choose massagers that have variable speed, heat, and time settings. These will allow you to customize the massage to your needs.
Some massagers are designed for plantar fasciitis, while others target broad issues. A dedicated model suits those with severe cases of the condition.
Material quality – The best foot massager for plantar fasciitis will boast premium quality materials and construction that lasts longer than others.
You can find the best electrical foot massager for plantar fasciitis or purchase a manual roller that gives you 100% control. Having both is advisable if you aren’t sure which to use.
The best foot massagers will draw a glowing reputation among users, so you should always check what other people are saying about the model. If it works, it will have positive reviews and more five-star ratings.
There are other aspects to review, including price, ease of use and maintenance, warranty duration, and more. To find the best foot massager for plantar fasciitis, make sure you outline your needs. For instance, if you travel often, lightweight, compact construction is more suited to massaging on the go.