Feet are the part of our body that works around most of the time and face much stressed in comparison to other body parts. But many of us don’t realize and do not care much about our stressed feet. Nothing could be more energizing than a proper feet massage that brings along a number of health benefits. Not only it would re-energize your body, it will also reduce pain, boost your mood and a lot more. Thus with all its health and comforting benefits, a nice foot massage machine would affect overall well-being of a person.
When you can reap so many benefits out of a foot massage, why not own a massager for your feet with which you would not only be saving spa visits money but you will be able to enjoy massage in the relaxing environment of your home.
5 Foot massagers Recommended by Our Experts
Types of Foot massagers:
Similar to other wellness equipment, when you look for a massager for your feet; you will find a number of different options. In order to narrow down the choices you have, you should understand different types of massagers for your feet and select the one that suits you well.
Manual: A manual foot massage is constructed with the use of natural materials mostly. It includes rolling action that user would be operating manually. The standard model of a manual massager would include a tube that user would manually roll using their feet. User can control and limit the rolling action to focus on some areas of their feet. This type of massage is the most reasonably priced.
- Some advanced versions of these massagers include multiple rollers that work over the entire feet. Usually these are made up of wood and are suspended with the use of frame. User needs to manually move their feet over roller and pressure can be limited or controlled.
Electric: This type of massager includes use of electrically controlled rollers that work automatically to give user a relaxing massage. User doesn’t need to be active to control but this automatic machine would employ varied rolling and rotating mechanisms to give you a soothing feet therapy. Just place both of your feet on massager and turn it on. Many of the electric massagers are designed to focus on various trigger points and pressure areas of your feet with special oscillating or rolling action that stimulates your feet and overall health.
Spa: These types of massagers are electric but they have heat or water features that elevates the effect of massage for muscles and joints of your feet. Spa massagers are most expensive types of foot massagers. They are larger in size and include more of additional special features. For home use, spa massagers may not be a good idea as they have larger size and are difficult to handle if you need a massage away from home.
Top Rated 10 Electric Foot Massagers Reviews:
When you’re feeling an unbearably achy sensation in your foot sole but can’t take the aid of your electrical massager due to lack of power source nearby, what’s the point of having such devices with you? The thing is – remaining stuck with classical ideas (aka, tools, in this context) can add value to your life making it easier and more energetic. Thankfully, this statement verily fits our personal favorite – the Dual Foot Massager Roller by TheraFlow. Constructed out of top notch varnished Theaceae wood, this item doesn’t limit your choice to any foot size. On top of that, it’s an all-purpose healing solution that can address problems related to plantar fasciitis, neuropathy and the like!
While rolling your feet on this tool, it’s safe to involve in your day to day activities at home or outside. The anti-slip and flooring protection material at its bottom simply reinforces the idea of secured reflexology even when you’ll be in a standing position. Keep your craving in check by not putting both feet on the roller together, though! Its thoughtful design involves 24 separate knobs on each back roller for acupoint reflexology. To cap it all off, the ridges are optimally spaced that interestingly stimulate the trigger points. Therefore, for those seeking to keep things a tad more simple or on a tighter budget, this TheraFlow offers, bang for buck, the best foot massage.
- Quality materials
- Travel friendly
- Hefty construction ensures long term service
- Lifetime guarantee (replace or refund policy is applicable)
- Strong chemical coating needs to be aired out before use
2. Nekteck Foot Massager Kneading Shiatsu Therapy
If you’re a great fan of heating functionality when it comes to foot massaging, this model introduced by the Nekteck is something you would find worth considering. This easy to operate, domestic healing machine helps you get rid of weary muscles as well as foot pain through infrared heat. And the system is made safer adding the manual switching on and off feature. So, it’s up to you to decide how long you want it to work on your foot soles every time.
Another smart trait you’ll love about it is the 18 rotating massager nodes which are coupled with 6 massage heads. Together they provide an effective and calming effect on your tensed sinews. However, if you find the massage excruciatingly displeasing, place a towel in-between to decrease the intensity.
On the other side of the spectrum, if you experience the massage insufficient and feel like the device may not working properly, the reason could be – either the arches of your feet are yet to meet the massager surface or you need to increase the height. And since its height is adjustable up to 3 levels, your desire for more will hardly go unheeded. Best of all, you can control all the settings using your toes. So, more frequent leaving of your comfort zone. Such a grace!
- Built-in carry handle for ease of portability
- Manual turning on and off for safer use
- Height adjusting feature up to 3 levels
- Reasonably priced
- Some users reported it to be broken after a few times use
3. Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager With Deep-Kneading, Multi-Level Settings, And Switchable Heat Charcoal Grey
The Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager is an affordable option that outperforms other massager models across the board. For about $140, you get a modern, ultra sleek and lightweight device that is good not only for travel purpose but also is easy to store when you will not be using it. Deep kneading and subtle vibration are the prime healing features. In addition, it offers 5 different pressure settings that the user can select matching their comfort level.
Since excessive pressure can ruin the fun of reflexology, try to keep it limited up to 30 minutes per day. Put your feet in the 2 individual foot chambers and start with lower pressure. And opt for the intense massage only when you feel it appropriate. On to the other specs and their benefits – whereas the air pressure pads reach all the difficult areas of the foot stimulating better blood circulation, the heat functionality simply slackens the tensed muscles and knots. And thankfully, the 2 included wireless remotes will let you control the temperature and pressure settings without bending.
This spa grade massage provider can comfortably hold 13-14 sized feet. So, people, with any foot size, can make their achy feeling addressed after a long tiring day. Keeping the hygiene purposes in mind, the Miko has designed the cloth insets as a removable part. So, you can take them out and wash whenever you feel so.
- 5 different pressure settings
- 2 wireless remotes included for ease of control
- Compact and space saving design
- 1 year warranty
- Not long lasting
- A few users felt the massage little bit intense
4. TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller (XL) – Relax & Relieve
Both indoor and outdoor uses are appreciated with the TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller, kudos to its no plug-in, or battery placement feature. Turns out, you can enjoy its acupressure therapy either relaxing on your settee at home or sitting on a park chair. The refined arched design improves blood flow along with relieving you from acute arch and heel pains. Patients, suffering from plantar fasciitis and neuropathy, rave about how it makes them feel better only after a few days’ use.
If you want to use it while standing, be sure to roll with one foot each time keeping the other foot set on the ground. We know the instruction claims this wooden kit to be a sturdy product, but the design is not intended to handle the full weight of an adult. So, we recommend using the device while sitting to avoid the chance of experiencing serious injury due to imbalance.
A word to the wise – sometimes, the rollers produce squeaky sound as the grease applied by the manufacturers dry up. In that case, you will need to search for the exact location from where the noise is coming. Once you detect the spot rightly, reveal the metal spokes shifting the roller on one side and apply a bicycle or any other multifunctional lubricant such as WD40 there. For better result, tilt the kit from left to right and vice versa to let the oil spread the entire spoke.
- Provides acupressure therapy for improved blood distribution
- Good at reducing the effects of neuropathy and plantar fasciitis
- Complimentary laminated foot chart and detail guideline
- Lifetime guarantee
- A little bit squeaky, but you can get rid of it through proper lubrication
5. Foot Massage Machine Shiatsu Massager For Tired Feet , Legs, Calf , Plantar Fasciitis , Diabetics , Neuropathy
Not all foot massager you see out there is as comfortable to use as this Cloud massager. Any regular model would ask you to keep your knees side by side on a certain position, with the legs 90° angled. This means, getting a massage from those models is a pain in itself. However, with the Shiatsu Massager Machine, things are different. It assures a deep and relaxed kneading while you will be sitting or even reclining on your divan.
Another fact you’ll appreciate is how effectively it apply the shiatsu massage at different pressure points on your foot. It kneads your toes, ankles and extends up to calves. We also loved how this medical grade massager complements its air compression pressure with heat and vibration features. Not to mention, all these traits are highly customizable.
However, it’s not all about offering a soothing feeling to your exhausted feet, it can do much refined tasks such as healing the aches caused due to diabetics, plantar fasciitis and neuropathy. Granted, while this ergonomically constructed unit will be providing the massage skyrocketing your blood flow, you may experience a wee bit of soreness for first few times. But once you get accustomed to it, there’s nothing to worry about it! Hence, start with lower vibration, pressure and heat setting and embrace better outcome.
- Convertible angle bar for ease of adjustment
- Stimulates blood flow in calves, ankle and toes
- Can heal the patients with plantar fasciitis, diabetics and neuropathy
- 100% refundable
- Provides intense massage, not recommendable for weak patients
- Inclusion of a remote control would be more handy
6. FIT King Leg Air Massager for Foot and Calf Circulation Massage with Handheld Controller
Hands down the most fully featured foot massager you can buy, the FIT King Leg Air Massager is made for people who work under high pressure, standing or sitting for a long period of time, make regular journeys, or in the habit of wearing high heels. It’s also a favorite item among the bikers, dancers, climbers as well as regular gym visitors. They rave about how it relaxes their muscles every time they use it after strenuous stretching or workout.
From middle aged to senior citizens, everyone finds it beneficial for getting a smooth blood circulation. Even more, you can call it into play for treating ailments such as varicose veins, swollen or edema on ankle or restless leg syndrome. The 19 inches velcro in the calves wraps is exquisitely adaptable so to fit calves of any size. And surprisingly enough, you can further widen the calves’ capacity up to 26 inches attaching the included supplementary.
Adding to your comfort – it accompanies a handheld controller that lets you control different options without crouching or disturbing your tranquil positions. Choose between 2 massage modes and 3 intensities and the device will be switched off automatically after 15 minutes. Super effortless with zero risks involved! Finally, if you’re finding it hard to set the system properly, you can take help from the included manual which is translated into 5 different languages.
- Very affordable
- Auto shutting off feature after 15 min.
- Comes with a mesh bag for ease of portability
- Adjustable calves wrap with extensions up to 26 inches
- Not recommendable for people with longer feet
- Heat functionality is missing
7. MedMassager MMF06 11 Speed
The MediMassager massager for your feet is one of the best foot massagers that would improve health and energy of your feet. This brand and model is the most recommended massager by specialized doctors and it is suggested for improved circulation in your feet. This device is a suitable choice for diabetic patients as it improves flow of fluid. The machine also features variable speed option with 11 different speed settings that user can set between 1000 to 3700 rpm. Thus you can enjoy a customized massage for your feet.
The design of the foot pad is such that it makes the massager most comfortable for your feet. The MMF06 includes a special pressure points targeting surface, completely oscillating foot pad and Arch Bar that further elevates the effects of massage therapy. Though the price is relatively higher in comparison to other massager s but quality and features make it stand out from the rest of its competitors. This massage is suitable for giving you relieve in all your feet related problems may it be swelling, chronic pains or other issues.
- Powerful machine yet really quiet.
- It offers 11 different speed options.
- Improves circulation and fluid flow.
- Relieves pains and reduces swelling.
- Durable product.
- Extended massage for arch, heel and toes.
- 1 year warranty.
- It doesn’t have heat therapy option.
- It is rather expensive in comparison.
8. Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager Review
This unit delivers a complete feet massage covering both the sides along with bottom of your feet. It features 2 foot chambers that work independently to give shiatsu foot massage. The massager improves flow of blood along your feet and relieves your tired muscles with vibrating and deep kneading movements. The massager features control panel that is easy to use with soft buttons. User can customize massager with personalized setting to select a powerful feet therapy.
The design is freestanding and its cloth cover can be removed for washing. It also features heat function that user can select independently to get a warm therapy for tired muscles. Package includes AC power adaptor.
- Shiatsu feet massage therapy.
- Head and vibration function that user can select independently.
- Easy to use control.
- Easy to maintain with removable and washable cover.
- Pain and stress reliever.
- Top of the feet is not covered for massage.
9. Loozys Shiatsu Foot Massager – Switchable Heat – Easy-to-Use Toe Control – Removable Cover – Remote control
Looking to invest in a value foot massager that proposes an ideal balance between price and performance, look no further than the Loozys Shiatsu Foot Massager. Coming for a reasonable price tag, it accompanies stress relieving dual foot beds that can fit maximum 12 ft. feet. To ensure comfortable and quick healing, it massages the pressure points resulting in improved blood circulation and relaxed knots.
This shiatsu also includes appeasing heat treatment that alleviates the rigidity in the muscles making them go easy. The temperature rise is somewhat faster which is around 115°F in just 10 minutes. However, it never transcends the limit so to harm either the user or the unit, thanks to its overheat (auto shut off) feature.
There are three different massage modes – (i) Gentle rolling massage with air pressure, (ii) Faster rolling with intense air pressure, and (iii) Bottom rolling. Select any of them according to your preference before you put your feet in the device. Wearing socks or not while taking massage from this compact and lightweight massager is up to you. Besides, you can easily control the air pressure and temperature along with the power button with your toes which is amazing when you’ll be not in the mood of leaving your comfy couch.
- Dual foot beds with rotating heads and deep-kneading
- 3 different massage modes
- You can adjust the settings with toes for uninterrupted relaxation
- Auto turned off feature prevents damage due to overheating
- Portable and easy to use
- The heel area gets lesser massage than other portions of the foot
- More than 1 round of massage may give achy feeling the following day
10. Brookstone F4 Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat
A smartly designed best foot massager that gives you benefit of Shiatsu massage and works over feet that are not well and are stressed. It stimulates reflexology of your feet by focusing on small muscles of your feet. Deep kneading and air compression therapies linked with this massager relieves tensed muscles and revitalizes overall wellbeing. User gets three different massage programs to choose from including pulse, soothe and energize.
Relaxation can be further increased with heat therapy that user can select. User can also select intensity levels between high and low to enhance the massaging experience at their level of comfort. Easy to use and move with grab handles. Some minutes of use of this massager for your feet would satisfy your toes and soles to an extent that your whole body will feet the difference.
- Appealing look.
- Effective massage ensured with deep kneading therapy and air compression.
- 3 different auto massage programs and intensities can be selected between high and low.
- Easy to use and move with grab handles.
- Focuses more on your toe rather than complete feet.
- Some users gave their foot massager review that it is a little noisy.
Health Benefits of Foot Massage:
As feet nerves of a human body are linked to other human body parts and work done on these nerves travel to other main body muscles and parts. Thus benefits can be to your overall health. Let’s have a detailed look on what health benefits, a foot massage can offer:
- Heal Feet: Your feet may be aching because of running/walking around all the time at work or in home. There may be other reasons such as an ill-fitting shoe or some skeletal disease. A soothing foot massage would heal and relieve with these issues along with any injuries or stiffness of muscles. Runners and other athletes benefit from an effective foot massage.
- Reduces Pain: A foot massage would be work as a pain reliever for your aching feet but as nerves of your feet are connected to other parts of your body; a relaxing pressure point feet massage would help in relieving pains in other parts of the body. One of the finest method of relieving headaches is a pressure point massage of your toes.
- Relaxation and Reduced Stress: A foot massage works well to bring your body in a state of complete relaxation by relieving all the stress with work done on your solar plexus point in feet. Not only it relaxes but brings in more of positive energy in your body that reduces stress and rejuvenate it.
- Improved Circulation: Flow of blood in your body is reduced or limited when you are stressed. A relaxing foot massage would improve circulation of blood, oxygen and nutrients by decreasing stress. It also improves the detoxing/cleansing process of your body.
- Flexible Joints: A feet massage would be helpful for people suffering from joints problem. It would improve joints flexibility thus reducing stiffness and increasing motion range. An effective feet massage works on inner structure to restore health of joints. People suffering from arthritis also gain health and energy for their joints with a feet massage.
How to Treat Plantar Fasciitis at Home
Plantar fasciitis is a condition in which the plantar fascia ligaments on the bottom of your feet, which act as shock absorbers, become inflamed. When these ligaments become inflamed it can cause the bottom of your heel or the bottom of your foot to hurt quite a bit. Typically, this condition affects runners, people who have flat feet, people who have high arches, those who are overweight, and people who are on their feet a lot. Unfortunately, it can actually take six months to a year for your foot to get back to a normal, pain-free state, but until that happens, there are things you can do at home to make life a little more bearable for yourself.
Lavender Essential Oil
According to a study released in 2015, lavender oil has anti-inflammatory properties that make it possible to treat pain that is caused by inflammation. Try mixing a few drops of the lavender oil with a carrier oil, like coconut oil, and then massage it into your feet. You could also try mixing a few drops of lavender oil in with a warm foot bath.
Grab a Ball
For a quick and easy massage tool, keep a golf ball or a mobility ball near you whenever you’re in pain. Using the ball, apply a pressured massage to the heels of your foot any time that you’re in pain. Doing so will distract the pain receptors of the brain, send more blood flow to the heel and arch of your foot, and it also breaks down painful adhesions (tears that have healed improperly) on the plantar fascia ligament.
Support Your Feet
It’s absolutely essential that you properly take care of your feet. This includes making sure that you have the proper support on your feet throughout the day. If you plan on being on your feet a lot of the time, then you should purchase a shoe that has a low heel, as well as, proper arch support.
As you might already know, ice is great to use on inflammation, especially when it comes to inflammation caused by plantar fasciitis. It may be great, but it should be used in moderation, of course. Using Ice Pack Slippers when you’re at work, or a bag of vegetables when you’re getting comfortable at home, apply the ice to the bottom of your feet for 15 minutes at a time.
If you bring your condition to the attention of your doctor, he or she may recommend that you start to use orthotic shoes to distribute your weight more evenly, especially if you have high arches. You could either purchase them ready-made at most pharmacies, or your doctor could order a pair that are custom designed for your foot.
Stretch it Out
Since it improves flexibility and strength, stretching is one of the most beneficial ways to eliminate the pain caused by plantar fasciitis. Using a belt, a stretch band, or a wall, stretch your feet on a daily basis and your plantar fasciitis will eventually heal itself.
Use a Night Splint
A night splint is used to heal plantar fasciitis by stretching your arches and calves throughout the night. Typically, these tend to work better for people who have suffered from plantar fasciitis for at least six months. Night splints come in hard and soft models and are meant to be used for one month to three months.
Dry cupping might seem a little strange, but hear us out. Dry cupping involves placing cups on the skin and creating a vacuum to apply negative pressure that increases blood flow to the area. This process reduces pain and it also breaks up adhesions to the plantar fascia.
Replace Your Old Shoes
It’s important to regularly replace the shoes that you wear for working out if you wear the same pair quite often. If your shoes have the following wrong with them, then it’s time to get a new pair:
- Wear on the outsoles
- New pain in your back, feet, or legs
- Stretching of the heels
- Breakdown of the interior
- The insides are shaping to your foot
Use Toe Separators
Toe Separators are used to stretch out the shrunken tendons that have become too short and tight, encouraging the toes to uncurl to a more healthy position. They’re also able to improve blood flow to the feet, which allows adhesions to be broken down, improves foot and heel pain, and strengthen the muscles and ligaments. Use toe separators while you’re resting to gently stretch and align your feet and toes.
Carrying extra weight on your body puts a lot of pressure on your plantar fascia. If you suffer from plantar fasciitis and you’re a bit overweight, then you should consider losing a few pounds to alleviate the pressure that your feet are experiencing. If you’re not sure where to start, speak with your doctor about beginning a weight loss regimen that will improve your quality of life.
NSAIDs are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, like ibuprofen, and the work to reduce inflammation in the body. If you find that you’re suffering, you could take these to reduce the inflammation caused by plantar fascia. Of course, don’t take more than recommended and check to make sure if they negatively interact with any medications that you’re on.
TENs therapy (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) relived pain in the feet caused by plantar fasciitis by stimulating the nerves using low-voltage stimulation. This procedure is completely noninvasive and can be done by a professional.
There’s no reason to constantly live in pain, but unfortunately, sometimes it feels like there’s no other option. Luckily, when it comes to conditions like plantar fasciitis there are things that you can do for yourself, instead of having to go to the doctor every time you’re in pain. If you suffer from plantar fasciitis, follow these simple steps and you’ll be pain-free (or at least in a lot less pain) in no time.
Key Features to look for when buying the Best Foot Massager:
A number of varied models and types of massagers exists in market and thus what makes each one of them different is because of the set of features that each offer. If you would like to opt for advance features, you may need to pay a price little higher than average. So before making your buying decision here are the key set of features that you should consider:
- Surface Cushioned: Cushioned surface is included in most of the device. Presence of cushion makes foot massager more relaxing and comfortable for users. With cushioned surface, users’ feet would not slip during massage and thus elevating the effects of therapy. Varied materials are used for making of cushioned surface. Some massager s have soft foam while some may have malleable plastic pads including gel. You can test and buy whichever you like.
- Variable Speeds: This is an option that you will find with electric massager s as with manual ones you are manually controlling the speed. You can select different speeds when using an electric massager and usually there will be 3 speed levels. You can customize speed according to your choice. While selecting a food massage machine for your feet with multiple speed levels make sure that has a non-slip base padding so that your feet wouldn’t move as you make any shift in speed.
- Control Options: Control options are usually placed on its body and you may need to bend down to control any adjustments that you want to make during a massage therapy. Some may also include control options that can be controlled with the user’s toes. With more advanced versions (may be expensive), you are given an easy to use remote control with which you can easily change settings.
- Heat Feature: Some best foot massagers also include heaters that offer therapeutic benefits to aching feet. Some models include use of a water bath with heaters whereas some have only heaters. Some massagers also include heater option for ankle and upper foot. These massagers with heaters are usually larger in size.
- Water Jets Feature: Advance versions of massagers also include use ofwater jets that further improve the experience of massage therapy. These water jets improve circulation of blood and relieves stiffness of tight muscles.
- Portability: If you will be moving your foot massage quite frequently, this is an important consideration. You will be able to find some models that can be lifted and moved somewhat easily.
- Cost: Cost of foot massagers with similar features irrespective of brand would be somewhat similar or close. Cost is usually similar and thus if you will be buying the most cheap one, you will be only saving a few dollars.
Tips for getting all Benefits of a Foot Massager:
A user can reap most benefits out of a foot massager provided you use and maintain it properly. Using a massager is not rocket science rather it is pretty simple.
- These machines usually need no assembly and you just take it out from the box and place it at a place where you would like to enjoy a soothing feet massage therapy.
- Now plug in the massager.
- Make sure that you wash and clean your feet before placing it over foot massager.
- Before turning the machine on, set your desired setting.
- Now turn the machine on and an effective feet therapy will begin.
- You now just need to relax and wait for a buzzing timer sound. Your massager may not include a timer so make sure you follow instructions and keep a track of time.
- Don’t overdo massage.
Selecting a right foot massage tool not only gives you a revitalizing feet massage but it provides varied health benefits. When you have your feet worked by a relaxing foot massager, you will end up working more smoothly throughout the day. We have presented some of the best massagers with pros and cons of each and you can narrow down your choice according to your personal or professional needs of a massager. Apart from your needs, you must also consider the location where you will be using these massagers and how long would you be using them? Answers to all these questions would help you in making right selection of a massager for your feet.